– 1⁄4 cup flour
– 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
– 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
– 1 lb beef liver
– 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
– oil, to taste
– 2 cups thinly sliced onions
– 1 -2 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
– 1⁄2 cup beef stock
– 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
– 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
– Combine flour, salt and pepper in bag.
– Slice the liver into 1/2 inch strips and shake in bag of seasonings to coat. Set aside.
– Heat skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of butter and a dash of oil.
– Saute the onions on medium heat until tender and glossy.
–Transfer to side dish and sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
– Return skillet to high heat, add 3-4 tablespoons butter and dash of oil.
– Add liver and sear 5 minutes until brown.
– Inside meat should be slightly pink.
– Return onions to pan til heated.
– Remove liver and onions from pan and plate.
– Use stock and wine to deglaze pan and reduce liquid til you have a thickened sauce.
– Pour over liver and onions, sprinkle with parsley and serve.