Wow, this is to-die-for. Very nice texture and Firmness is just right!! If you’re searching for a perfect coconut cream pie recipe, end your search with this one! My family raved about this Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie and it is going in my tried and true recipe book!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
– 3 cups half-and-half
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 3/4 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
– 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Firstly, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake it, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine together the half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt and mix well. Then bring to a boil over low heat and continue stirring. Now please remove the pan from the heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut and the vanilla extract. Once done, reserve the remaining coconut to top the pie.
4. Pick the pie shell and pour into the filling and then chill for 4 hours, or until firm.
5. Top with whipped topping and with the reserved coconut.